Libby's Reviews > The Snowman

The Snowman by Raymond Briggs

Sep 26, 11

bookshelves: wordless
Read in September, 2011

The story of "The Snowman" is a wordless picture book, and also one of my favorites. When I was little I used to watch the video every year at Christmas over and over. It has no words in it, just like the book, but is filled with Music perfect for the audience. This book tells the story of a young boy spending a snowy day outside in his yard building a giant snowman. Later that night, when hes supposed to be sleeping he looks outside to see that his snowman was come to life. As him and the snowman becoeme great friends he takes him on an adventure showing him all the neat things inside his house, especially things he knows that the snowman has never seen. Then, the snowman takes the little boy on an adventure to show him all about his life. They fly through forests, and the illustration that go along with it are just amazing. In this morning, the little boy goes out to see that his snowman has melted. The pictures themselves do an amazing job to tell this wordless story and I would highly recomend it as a holiday book to most any grade level!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Snowman.