Lady Lioness's Reviews > A Home By The Sea

A Home By The Sea by Christina Skye

Apr 25, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: genre-contemporary-romance, read-september-2011, 2011-rt-reviewers-choice-awards
Recommended for: Knitters.
Read on September 25, 2011 , read count: 1

Edited to add that I am so surprised that this won RT's Reviewer's Choice Award for Best Contemporary Romance. I felt many of the other nominees were MUCH stronger.

Whenever I get my new issue of the Romantic Times magazine, it tends to jolt me into action regarding my ARC backlog. These days, that's mainly NetGalley.

So, what to say about this one? Hmmm.

...

It didn't suck?

Faint praise, I know, but I don't know what to say. I blew through it and it was a comforting read because nothing really happens. Hell, Grace and Noah spend half the book apart. I loved Noah's family and I was disappointed when they disappeared from the narrative. I also thought Grace's career was fascinating and I was looking forward to learning more about that, only to have that disappear as well.

Oh, I know, okay, A Home by the Sea is like a TV episode on a serial drama. Nothing gets really gets resolved, but enough happens to keep you interested. (view spoiler), but things keep moving forward and readers will tune in for the next episode.

That's all I got. I kinda want to go back and re-read the early Draycott Abbey books. I loved those. And there wasn't a knitting needle in sight.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Home By The Sea.

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Honestly, I'm never impressed with the RT nominations. They never seem to have authors I actually read nominated and the titles nominated always are fairly mediocre.

Lady Lioness Sarah wrote: "Honestly, I'm never impressed with the RT nominations. They never seem to have authors I actually read nominated and the titles nominated always are fairly mediocre."

I like reading books on award lists because it lets me feel like I've read a decent cross-section of the genre. I do think the RT nominees make more sense than the RITAs. The books that I think should be nominated are never on that list.