lprater's Reviews > Museum Trip

Museum Trip by Barbara Lehman

U_50x66
Oct 31, 11

Read in September, 2011

Wordless Book: I really enjoyed this picture book about a boy who becomes separated from his class during a school field trip to a museum. He wanders the halls of the building in an attempt to find his teacher and classmates only to discover he has become part of an exhibit. Working through a series of mazes, successfully finds the door to a special prize. The artist did a fantastic job of developing the character, setting and plot of the story through the images. I loved the mazes in the story an even took time to try and figure out how the character could find his way from one to the next. The attention to detail in the illustrations is outstanding. I could identify pieces of artwork and sculptures by well-known artists strategically places on the walls and standing in the floor area of the museum. I think this book would be appropriate grades K-3. The book would be a great tool to use for the beginning a study on story elements. Older student in grades 4-5 might use the book as a springboard for a writing assignment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Museum Trip.