Alan Geday's Reviews > The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy

The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy by John J. Mearsheimer

Nov 17, 11

Read from September 26 to November 11, 2011

Having always been a fan of controversial political books, it wasn't hard knowing that this book would be next on my list. This book definitely grasped the attention of scholars, journalists, associations, and even the notorious "Bin Laden", who recommended this book in one of his many audiotapes.
Mearsheimer unearths some very interesting talking points in his book. Topics that would be too risqué for everyday conversation, but topics that we've all thought about at least once. I found his direct critique of the U.S. government's inability to run itself without being swayed by a nation such as Israel, who claims that their agendas are not as different as people think they are.
As good as this book was, It wasn't exactly a light read. A lot of times I found myself lost in technical terms and references to documents such as U.N. treaties that I had no idea about, which made it difficult for me to follow up.
All in all, this book has certainly lived up to my expectation of it. I recommend it to anyone who's interested in the whole Israel/U.S. predicament.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Marcy If you finished the book, Alan, please write a review so you can receive credit for it.

Marcy Interesting review, Alan. However, I'm not sure why you find it so controversial. While I think the book is certainly interesting, much of it was common knowledge even prior to the publication of the book. But in any case I hope you learned a lot from your readings. On another note, please pay more attention to grammar and sentence structure in your reviews.