Willow's Reviews > Scandal in Spring

Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas

Okay, I get it. I get the hero worship of Kleypas. I don't read historicals. I don't. But yet, I devour these. I love the wit, the heart, the super steamy moments. I don't understand how these rich folks can just hang out at the Earl's house all summer and do nothing, but man, would I have loved to be on vacation like that. Maybe not the whole being pregnant means hiding yourself bit, or adhering to all the restrictions that ladies of that time had to, but somehow the Wallflowers find their way around the rules. Especially Lillian and Daisy. And this one was Daisy, my favorite of the ladies, story and it did not disappoint.

I fell in love with Matthew Swift. I fell in love all over again with Daisy because of how much Matthew loved her. Lillian drove me crazy, but I adore her so I made the allowance. She's having a baby, she's a little emotional and hard-headed. I love seeing everyone, especially my favorite of the couples, St.Vincent and Evie, even though Matthew and Daisy gave them a run for their money. Speaking of, so did Westcliff and Lillian. But wait, maybe I'm just forgetting how much I loved Simon and Annabelle.

I'm gushing. I know it. But these stories are just so...delicious. And sweet and sexy and reading one makes you want to read the others. Again. At the same time. It's hard to walk away from that kind of vacation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scandal in Spring.