Midu Hadi's Reviews > Zombie Nights

Zombie Nights by Tom Lichtenberg

Sep 25, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: zombies, serial-killers-and-other-murderers, magick, humor, 100-200-pages
Recommended for: zombie fans
Read on February 05, 2012 — I own a copy

This is a highly entertaining short story and instantly made me want to start reading other books by the same author. The author didn't waste time in describing things that weren't important to the story and I loved how he was able to let us feel how dangerous the bad guys/bullies were, even while laughing at them. All I'm saying is I want more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zombie Nights.

Quotes Midu Liked

Tom Lichtenberg
“Nothing to it", Dennis sighed. "Find him. Chop his head off. Stick him in the ground again, and this time don't forget the orange peel."
"Lemon", Rags replied.
"Orange", Dennis insisted. "It's only lemon the first go around. Second time orange. Third time lime."
"Third time?", Rags said nervously.
"Sometimes it doesn't take", Dennis said.”

Tom Lichtenberg
“I thought you killed that boy", he finally grumbled.
"I did kill him", Rags said. "Dead as doughnuts. Buried him too, just like you told me."
"And you sprinkled the grave site with jalapenos and lemon peel?"
"Lemon peel?", Rags stuttered. "I don't remember anything about lemon peel!".
Dennis was silent for quite some time. Rags glanced nervously about him, wishing he was anywhere but there. He realized he'd screwed up, but the whole thing was a mystery to him. He was extremely superstitious, but even his ignorance had its limits. 'Lemon peel?' He thought to himself, 'come on, that is just ridiculous'.
Dennis might have read his mind, because he spoke up in a slightly louder tone to indicate his maximum rage. "Jalapeno to burn his soul, of course. Lemon peel to keep him in the ground!”

Tom Lichtenberg
“What's it like to be really dead, I wonder. Tell me about it, won't you Dave?"
"It's like being alive", he replied. "Only different."
“What do you do for kicks?”, she asked.
“No kicks”, he replied, shaking her head.”

message 1: by Tana (new)

Tana sounds really good

Midu Hadi it does, doesn't it? it is good!