Hannah Kersting's Reviews > Orange Pear Apple Bear

Orange Pear Apple Bear by Emily Gravett

F_50x66
Oct 10, 11

Orange Pear Apple Bear is an insanely cute book. Using the four words in the title, Emily Gravett uses the words to create multiple phrases. The main character is a bear and he begins the book by looking at and thinking about the fruit, then he decides to play with the different fruit. After he plays around with them, he decides to eat them and enjoys them greatly. The illustrations are amazing. I absolutely love the smooth lines of watercolor and the fun ways that the bear changes throughout the book. At one point the bear becomes an orange, then transforms into a pear and an apple. Its a very simple book, and would be a great edition to a beginner classroom. I would find this book especially helpful with children who are having learning delays, or problems with their speech. This book is definitely one I would recommend for extremely young children, and the simplistic style of the picture book is perfect for word concepts. The illustrations add to the book and create a light and joyful mood that easily compliments the text. A very fun picture book and one that children would absolutely love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Orange Pear Apple Bear.