Casey's Reviews > My Friend Rabbit

Sep 25, 2011

liked it
Read in September, 2011

1. Genre: Other- animals

2. Summary: Everywhere Rabbit goes, trouble always follows. Watch as Rabbit and Mouse lose their airplane and have to find a way to get it back. What kind of trouble is Rabbit going to get into this time?

3.Critique:
a.) The illustrations in this book are really good. I love the cartoon look of the pictures and the vivid use of colors. The story is so fun and it’s the illustrations that make it this way because there are few words in the book.

b.) I love how little words there are in this book because it allows the reader to be the voice and make up the words of the story. The illustrations are so fun it’s easy to make up the story and add sound effects as you go along.

c.) At one point in the book all the animals fall down. This is a great time to add sound effects to match the illustrations and the emotions that are being displayed by the animals in the illustrations. This is the perfect book to read-aloud in class to students and use voice and show expression which can be done by changing the pitch of your voice, adding the sound effects, etc.

4. Curriculum Connections: This story can be connected to the kindergarten history and social science SOLs such as friendship and practicing responsibility, kindness to others, and practicing decision making. You can talk about how Rabbit was trying to be a good friend and had good intentions but some of his decisions that he made were not the best and caused some of his friends to get hurt. You can discuss how Rabbit should have been more kind to his friends. It’s a good time to discuss how decisions you make can affect others and not always in a positive way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Friend Rabbit.