Nicole Prescott's Reviews > The Adventures of Polo

The Adventures of Polo by Régis Faller

F 50x66
Sep 25, 2011

it was ok

This is a fun and light-hearted wordless book about the journey of a littler dog named Polo. Polo lives on an island by himself and one day decides to go on an adventure. He travels all over the world and meets many new friends, and some enemies. He travels underwater, on top of a large whale, to a volcano, to another planet, to a tree house, through the clouds, up in the air, and eventually returns back to his own island. The last page is a picture of Polo on his island with all of his new friends he met along the way. I thought this book was very cute but also quite lengthy, even for myself as an adult. Some of the adventures could have been combined (going underwater twice and going through/on the clouds twice) to shorten the length. The story was very cute and simple and I found the message it was conveying to be about taking chances and risks because you never know who and what you will find.

Since there were no words, the illustrations were a vital part of this book. They were very simple pictures but it fit with the simple story line. Also, I liked the bright colors that were chosen because they helped not only to establish the setting, but they helped the reader understand the different moods and emotions that Polo was going through. The characters all had very simple facial expressions but I liked how they were slightly changed to show the different feelings that they were expressing. Polo is a cute and simple dog that any reader will surely connect with. I suggest that this book be read by students in grades 1-4. Although it is wordless, the book is very lengthy (75 pages) and the pictures and story may be challenging to follow if students have never had experience reading a wordless book.

**Wordless Picture Book**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Adventures of Polo.

12/10/2016 marked as: read