Hayden's Reviews > Insurgent

May 06, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-favorites, favorite-series, favorites
Read from May 02 to 05, 2012

Final Verdict: 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000/5 Stars

This book is in the key of A Major, because that's my favorite key, and this is my favorite book.

[image error]
19 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

05/02/2012 "AHHHHHHHHHH THE EXCITEMENT! " 2 comments
05/03/2012 page 60
11.0% "Good so far. Not too much going on. No conflict."
05/03/2012 page 68
13.0% "Hahaha! Tipsy Tris was funny! :D"
05/03/2012 page 70
13.0% "It's hard to actually concentrate on homework when this 525-page monster is glaring you in the face and telling you to read it NOW."
05/03/2012 page 87
17.0% "You know what? F homework. F homework in the A with a big D. This book is screaming at me now."
05/03/2012 page 102
19.0% "I'm already at 100. D:"
05/03/2012 page 163
31.0% "Dear Veronica,
I really appreciate the intensity and addictiveness you give your books, but not when it's 11:30 pm and I have other things I should be doing. Like sleeping.
-Hayden" 1 comment
05/03/2012 page 190
36.0% "Fuck sleeping. Like that's ever gonna happen.
HAHAHAHA--
Sorry. I'm a bit delirious right now." 1 comment
05/04/2012 page 238
45.0% ""
05/04/2012 page 317
60.0% "I . . . I don't want it to ever end. D:"
05/04/2012 page 341
65.0% ""I read somewhere, once, that crying defies scientific explanation. Tears are only meant to lubricate the eyes. [...]
I think we cry to release the animal parts of us without losing our humanity. Because inside me is a beast that snarls, and growls, and strains toward freedom, toward Tobias, and above all, toward life. And as hard as I try, I cannot kill it. So I sob into my hands instead."
"
05/04/2012 page 341
65.0% "[image error]
I don't know, image. I don't know." 1 comment
05/05/2012 page 426
81.0% "Now THAT was an acceptable declaration of love. One-and-three-quarters books in, after much stuff has happened between you. Perfect. Roth, you never cease to amaze me."
05/05/2012 page 525
100.0% "WHAT?!??!??'cjckenalbjezj@!ejpzkoshkaniejai!&£&/93!&&2"
05/05/2012 page 525
100.0% "I have to wait a WHOLE NOTHER FUCKING UEAR until the next one comes out! I'll be almost SEVENTEEN when it's out! *perpetual sobbing*"

message 1: by HanaJoyful (new) - added it

HanaJoyful I will be seventeen ;D
But was the ending that sad? I'm scared now, maybe I'll just wait for the paperback...

Hayden The ending wasn't sad. I'm just sad I have to wait a whole ever-loving YEAR to get my next Roth fix.

message 3: by HanaJoyful (new) - added it

HanaJoyful Hayden wrote: "The ending wasn't sad. I'm just sad I have to wait a whole ever-loving YEAR to get my next Roth fix."

I hope she makes another series after this, just as awesome *crosses fingers*.
BTW, I loved your story, it was really good. And really different too, I hope you write more :)

Hayden Thank you! :) I'm actually working on a PN(R) right now, lol. The reason the R is in parentheses is because it's not a main focus at all. I made a vow when I started writing paranormal that the romance would be minimal and not gag-worthy.

I tend to hop across and get a taste of each genre. Post-apocalyptic is one of my recent favorites, as is PN(R).

message 5: by HanaJoyful (new) - added it

HanaJoyful Hayden wrote: "Thank you! :) I'm actually working on a PN(R) right now, lol. The reason the R is in parentheses is because it's not a main focus at all. I made a vow when I started writing paranormal that the rom..."

I actually enjoy writing too, I work long and hard on my idea's, for weeks. But by the time I start writing it's so late and I just end up writing mindlessly and I'll end up with a pile of WTF?

How far are you into your PNR?

Hayden Hana❦Joy wrote: "Hayden wrote: "Thank you! :) I'm actually working on a PN(R) right now, lol. The reason the R is in parentheses is because it's not a main focus at all. I made a vow when I started writing paranorm..."

HAHA! I know exactly what you're talking about with the WTF? pile. That happens to me as well.

Only about 6k, honestly. Which is actually more than my other one, lol, but it's only two chapters. In my P-A, I wrote in short chapters because, for one, the narrators are changing, but I like to keep that sense of immediacy and fast pace. With my PNR, it's one narrator and it doesn't need to be quick-paced immediately, so I write the chapters much longer.

message 7: by HanaJoyful (new) - added it

HanaJoyful Hayden wrote: "Hana❦Joy wrote: "Hayden wrote: "Thank you! :) I'm actually working on a PN(R) right now, lol. The reason the R is in parentheses is because it's not a main focus at all. I made a vow when I started..."

Another problem I have it I rush to much, I don't take time to really gather surroundings and etc. I just want to get to the point!

What kind of myth. did you incorporate into it?

Hayden Yeah! That's something I've been fixing with this draft. That's one of my problems as well. I used to write like every scene was a climax, with no detail, just dialogue and action. But that's not so good during an exposition lol.

It's my own mythology, really: I created a new type of supernatural being that protected an alternate dimension. Sounds really weird, but it makes sense in my head hahah

message 9: by HanaJoyful (new) - added it

HanaJoyful Hayden wrote: "Yeah! That's something I've been fixing with this draft. That's one of my problems as well. I used to write like every scene was a climax, with no detail, just dialogue and action. But that's not s..."

No no, that actually sounds really interesting. I'll be looking forward to reading it :)

Hayden Yay! :) I'll probably post a bit on here sometime.

Meaghan R. (YA-aholic) just started it a few days ago....i got the CE that was released on the 30th...not very far along...i practucally only have time for work and sleep right now, but i'm slowly getting there...

Hayden I get what you mean about only having time for work and sleep. I'm the same with school. 5 AP classes wasn't a smart decision on my behalf when it comes to reading . . .

Catie I agree!!