Ryan's Reviews > Epic Win for Anonymous: How 4chan's Army Conquered the Web

Epic Win for Anonymous by Cole Stryker

Jun 02, 2014

liked it
Read from September 25 to 26, 2011

I've always regarded 4chan as a cesspool of moral depravity where people gather to spread the kind of hate that is so disgusting these they're too afraid to do it in the real world.
I was so wrong. Of course I was; I had only visited the site a few times and never had any idea what was happening before my web-browsing eyes.
I'm not a huge book reviewer so I'll keep this one short. The book's usefulness is in how it familiarizes the outsider with the inside development and happenings of Anonymous. I now have a more enlightened appreciation for the movements of Anonymous towards social justice. The whole thing is a terrifically interesting phenomenon the world has never seen before; nameless figures gather en mass to fulfill unique and poignant missions not directed by any one leader, nor to fulfill any individual ego's aims. These movements are collective and can be launched for the collective good.
Some critics argue that Stryker is taking advantage of the situation by not offering anything new and simply explaining Anonymous to the layman. However I feel that he is fulfilling a need and if he's going to make money from that, than so be it! That's the way the world works. At least he's given us a quality book, and not a crappy one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Epic Win for Anonymous.