Lydia Presley's Reviews > The Skin Map

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, christian-lit, fiction, scifi
Read in September, 2011

Original review posted here

I don’t know what it is with all these books that deal with ley lines and time travel and alternate realities, but I’m totally digging it. Stephen Lawhead splashes into this time-travel alternate reality thing with a bang, giving us a group of characters that are likeable and not so likeable and providing us with trips to Egypt, England and other fantastic places and times – no limits here!

There is a lot of set-up in The Skin Map, a lot of scientific explaining and figuring out how things work and, I won’t lie.. a lot of the Cosimo/Kit storyline had me bored to tears in places – but as I’ve learned in the times I’ve read Lawhead, it’s worth the payoff.

I think my favorite storyline deals with Wilhemina – it was just so perfect and had me giddy with happiness – but I won’t spoil it more for you.. just check the series out because it is worth it!

If you are a science fiction fan, or even wanting to be a sci-fi fan but are too afraid of the genre to dip your toes into it, then this is the perfect blending of history and sci-fi. It moves slowly enough that it’s easy to grasp and has just the right amount of action in it to make it worth while.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Skin Map.