Dianne Jones's Reviews > Bumped

F 50x66
Dec 09, 2011

liked it
Read from September 25 to October 31, 2011

Elle Nixon appears to have it all. She has a great career and a perfect man who lavishes her with gifts and trips. When Elle ends up pregnant and Diego disappears, her life becomes a journey towards discovery and change.

I liked the concept that Diego has a secret life, but by the end of the book I was left with a sense that I didn’t know enough about the psyche of this man. I wanted to know why his character chose to deceive others including those he claimed to love.

However, the twist and turns of the plot kept me engaged. It was intriguing to see how Elle would handle her entire world collapsing around here. I found a contradiction in the character of a woman with such career savvy, yet so completely gullible when it comes to a man. Maybe it wasn’t that she was gullible, maybe she was willing to overlook certain things about him [he said he had no family] as long as he kept her surrounded with the finer things in life.

Despite my questions, I found the plot entertaining. It held my interest. There were moments when I held my breath in anticipation of what would happen next. I love a great story and that may have helped me to overlook some minor issues with typesetting, grammar, etc... I believe readers will enjoy the story. I think that Sibylla Nash has what it takes to create a great plot and tell a wonderful story.

Beneath the surface of “Bumped” lies a lesson for those seeking their Diego. The reader is not told whether Elle simply overlooked an obvious sign or ignored the sign. Diego says he has no family. Was it his good looks and charm which led her to trust him? Maybe his status, influence, possessions, and wealth caused her to ignore her intuition? Overlooked or ignored, we are reminded never to allow the appearance of “having it all” to overshadow the truth of one’s existence. Diego falls into the all too familiar category of being “too good to be true.”

Dianne Rosena Jones is a Transformational Life Coach, Inspirational Speaker, Co-Host of “Becoming Who I AM” on BlogTalk Radio, Founder of “Transforming Life Institute”, and Author of the award-winning “Tragic Treasures: Discovering Spoils of War in the Midst of Tragedy” voted “BEST INSPIRATIONAL BOOK OF THE YEAR [2010].”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bumped.

09/25/2011 page 100
44.64% "Actually I've finished reading it and need to write the review. It's coming soon."
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

beautifully put: 'beneath the surface... lies a lesson for those seeking their diego.' i think this really makes the book strong, at least in my opinion. i would have liked to see a bit more role-model character development from the main character for girls today, such as taking strong control of their own financial situation, etc. great review!