Vicky's Reviews > "There Are Things I Want You to Know" about Stieg Larsson and Me

"There Are Things I Want You to Know" about Stieg Larsson and Me by Eva Gabrielsson

2319185
Sep 25, 11

Read in September, 2011

You don't have to be a big Stieg Larsson fan to enjoy this book, but it probably helps. I found it fascinating, not only all the details of their life together and the ensuing legal problems created by his death, but her attempt (and those of Expo and others) to prevent his writings and life to be steamrolled into the "Steig Larsson industry".
She writes "These books talk about the need to fight to defend one's ideals, and the refusal to give up, to sell oneself..." "The novels speak of values, justice, of journalism in the noble sense of the word..." (p. 194) The book really makes clear that "The Millenium Trilogy" is so much more than a successful entry into the crime/thriller genre (although it definitely is that!) It is all Larsson lived and worked for writing against far right groups and the threats to Swedish democracy. Let's hope the fourth volume will see the light of day before too long.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read "There Are Things I Want You to Know" about Stieg Larsson and Me.