Jack Gunthridge's Reviews > Life: An Autobiography as Told by Jack Gunthridge

Life by Jack Gunthridge

Oct 11, 08

(Review from the author)
Recommended for: Anybody who has ever been in love.
Read in February, 2008

There is a part of me as an author that hates saying what my books are about. Life is about so many things. It's about trying to figure out relationships. It's about being in love and not really knowing how to act when you are in love. For some reason people do stupid things when they are in love. These stupid things go against everything that being in love is about, but we do it because we are crazy in love. There is that element to this book.

There is also a part of this book that is about trying to escape your parents' past and creating your own future. The problem is that you recognize part of your parents inside of you. How do you have your own life while still maintaining a relationship with your parents? Can you escape genetics.

While this is a love story, it is also a comedy. There is humor in being in love. I have tried to capture that with this book.

This book looks at a relationship from both the male and female perspective. One of my friends commented that her boyfriend was trying to read it over her shoulder. She then told me that he doesn't read. I take that as a compliment.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life.