Michelle (Much Loved Books)'s Reviews > Slide

Slide by Jill Hathaway

Jul 16, 14

bookshelves: signed-by-author
Read in October, 2011

I have had my eyes on Slide for a while, and have it on my "To Buy" list since I first heard of it. When I got my copy from Harper Collins UK I was excited to make a start on it and bumped it to the top of my "To Be Read" pile. Slide is the debut book by Jill Hathaway and it does not disappoint.

Sylvia "Vee", avoids contact with other things as much as possible, and puts it down to being a germaphobe. In reality, a touch of any object that has a excessive emotional connection cause her to slide into that person. When this happens unexpectedly Vee has said its narcolepsy. No surprise then that Vee has been pushed down the popularity ladder to the bottom, being shunned by her ex-friends, the cheerleaders, who have now taken Mattie, Vee's younger sister, on board.

From the moment we open the book we are thrown into Vee's world, where she has to hide who she really is, not only from her friends but also her family. After telling the truth to her Father she is taken to a psychologist who immediately doses her up on medication to stop the slides, in the end Vee started to lie to hide the truth.
Vee lives with her Father and sister and only has one true friend to speak of, Rollins, who saved her from Scott at the dance. We follow Vee as she accidentally slides into a killers body and sees them murder her sister's best friend. Unable to tell the truth Vee sets out to find the murderer, but also to be there for her sister who is struggling to come to terms with her friends death.

Slide is a roller coaster ride of emotions and feelings. Watching Vee struggle to carry out her normal daily activities, feeling sorry for Mattie for loosing her friends, the highs and lows of friendship and loosing those we love. Slide may be a quick read but its packed full of action that keeps you on your toes and guessing who is the murderer.

[Thanks to HarperCollins for my copy of Slide]
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slide.