Jennifer Klenz's Reviews > Dragonhaven

Jun 11, 08

did not like it
bookshelves: will-never-finish-reading
Read in April, 2006

** spoiler alert ** I seesawed over this book. Robin McKinley is my favourite author bar none but ~eh~ at times the run-on-sentence conversational tone got to me. I am very used to reading it on her own webpage when she talks about her life and meditations on writing and perhaps that is why it took me out of the story and kept making me think of Robin rather than the character Jake. This is her first attempt at having a male main character which is fine. He is believable as a dragon's foster mother. However I found the story ran out on itself or the tension unravelled. That's why it is sitting next to my bed unfinished. It felt like the story already ended although I have a chunk of it left. So for the first time in reading one of Robin McKinley's books I am feeling unsatisfied. Her stories really grab me usually, shake things up and make me see the world in a richer way. ~eh~ sorry but not this time.

I am not going to finish this book...a previously unbelievable statement for me to make about anything by my favourite author. Sigh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonhaven.