Ollie's Reviews > Slave to His Desires

Slave to His Desires by Ashlynn Monroe

Feb 19, 12

bookshelves: fantasy-romance
Read in February, 2012

I was intrigued by the blurb on Goodreads as it peaked my interest regarding a human abducted by an alien and sold off as a slave on an alien world. The author did a great job building a world where Madison is taken by a species and sold on another world with the intention of her serving as slave.

Madison is sold on a planet where slaves either engage in household chores or as sex slaves. Humans are considered rare and especially a type called a resonant where the human's emotions and connection allows the person they are with to feel immense pleasure during sex. A resonant is in tune with others' feelings and heighten their experiences. Madison seems to be one of these rare resonants.

Jul sees Madison at an auction and he finds her alluring and purchases her. Jul has no need for her, but for some reason he had to have her. Madison, unable to communicate is terrified, but Jul doesn't want her to fear him. Madison is still able to feel compassion for others despite her situation and starts to feel an attraction to Jul. Ultimately the bond that develops between the two of them is more intense then either expected. The connection they develop is life altering for them both physically and mentally but places both of them in danger.

I really enjoyed the characters, the world development, but most of all the bond that developed between the two which I wished didn't end so soon.

4 Stars
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slave to His Desires.