Kyuwon's Reviews > Chu Ju's House

Chu Ju's House by Gloria Whelan

Feb 02, 12

bookshelves: currently-reading, 40-book-challenge

I think this book was very touching. Especially, when Chu Ju decided to follow Han Na's word and not coming back to the home, I was very impressed with Han Na's determination and also how much she trusts Han Na. I was also surprised with Chu Ju's determination when she went out from the home in order to save her sister due to one-child policy. I think this book was terrific.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chu Ju's House.

09/25/2011 page 13
5.0% "At that time in China, there was a policy that parents can have only one child in urban area, and two children in country side. However Chu Ju is the first girl child, and her grandma wants son for next child."
09/28/2011 page 64
27.0% "Chu Ju left her house in order to save her younger sister. I think she is very kind and brave. No one will dare to leave his or her family."
10/09/2011 page 78
33.0% "After she left Yi Yi's house, she went to the center where people gather threads from cocoons. Chu Ju is very nervous about the owner of the center who is well-known for her vicious personality."
10/30/2011 page 140
58.0% "I am impressed by Chu Ju, because she made a big decision to go to Shanghai to free Han Na's son, Quan, who is in the detention center."
10/30/2011 page 180
75.0% "I was so touched when Chu Ju and Han Na start to trust each other again and accept them as a family."
11/06/2011 page 240
100.0% "I was so sad when Han Na died. I also impressed by Chu Ju who decided to follow Han Na's word but not going back to her real family."