victoria.p's Reviews > Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 22: Ultimatum

120719
Sep 25, 11

bookshelves: comics
Read in August, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Since the rest of the series isn't out in trade yet, I will just put my review of the whole thing here, which is that I loved this series a lot (Spider-Man has always been my favorite superhero and this series shows why), but oh man, it is unrelentingly sad. I cried a lot, and not just at the ending, through which I sobbed pretty much non-stop. Any time Peter or Aunt May talked about his future, I lost it, knowing that he didn't have one. I have hearts in my eyes for everybody - Peter, Aunt May, MJ, Gwen, Johnny Storm, Kitty Pryde, and even, at the end, J. Jonah Jameson (!!!) - except the Avengers, or, excuse me, the Ultimates, who need to all go die in a fire, especially Ultimate Captain America, since it's his fault Peter dies. (Ugh, I had to go reread Brubaker's Cap to get the bad taste of Ult!Cap out of my brain.) I was so happy when Aunt May slapped him. He deserved that and more. Ugh. But yes, I recommend this series highly as long as you don't mind how sad and bleak it is. Peter never does catch a break. Sigh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 22.