~Tina~'s Reviews > The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Jan 09, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, young-adult, read-2012
Read on January 09, 2012

I'm not sure if I believe in soul mates or love at first sight. However, I do believe in destiny. Everyone has a path and everything happens for a reason. Noting is merely a coincidence. I also believe in fate. How it can be cruel and unfair but it can also be your kindest friend and ally...

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is about 4 minutes of fates time to make sure Hadley Sullivan misses her flight to her father's wedding in London. A wedding that Hadley wasn't to keen on attending to begin with. While she awaits for another flight out, she meets British-cutey, Oliver who is going back to London for a different affair.

The instant friendship that these characters have is pretty contagious and felt realistic enough for it to be believable. They felt very natural, like two people who've known each other all their lives instead of just a few short hours. The conversations were so endearing (the whole little stowaway was too adorable), pulling off that subtle attraction they didn't even realize they had for one another till the flight was done and they lost each other in the crowd.
This isn't always easy to pull off in books, but I thought this was perfectly conveyed by Jennifer E. Smith.

To tell you the truth, after reading the blurb I was expecting fluff-n-stuff, but it turned out that this book wasn't meant to be over-the-top romantic, but it was enough to make me feel charmed by these characters, what they had to face and the sweet fairy-tale like connection they shared.

All in all, I really enjoyed this book. It's witty and warm and it made me smile a goofy grin.
This was a great stand-alone novel, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want more. The ending was a tad lacking and I want to know what happens to Oliver and Hadley next, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a second book.

A feel good read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Giselle I want more too!!! Great review Tina I'm happy you liked it!

~Tina~ Thanks hun!:) I keep thinking what book two would be like if we got it. These two really leaves quite an impression ~sigh~

♥Rachel♥ I'm so glad you liked this Tina. I did too. I thought Hadley and Oliver were yummy together! (view spoiler). Great review!

Arlene Beautifully said Tina. This was definitely a charmer. :)

~Tina~ @Rachel- Thankies:) I loved that part as well:) They had a lot of sweet moments sprinkled through out this book;)

Thanks Arlene! Have your read anything else by Smith? I might have to look into her other books:)

Amber Great review Tina! I'm enjoying it so far. Cute story. :)

~Tina~ I hope you like it! I think I'm the only booker who gave it a four:P lol

Alexa Now you're not alone, Tina! lol Nice review! This books made me smile too. :)