Michelle Book Briefs's Reviews > Deadman's Blood

Nov 08, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: kindle, review-on-blog
Read from November 02 to 08, 2011

There was a lot going on in this book! I enjoyed Deadman's Blood but it is an active read for sure. There are a lot of different point of views and characters to keep up with. That also means that there were a lot of different story lines going on. I really liked how everything came together in the story but a few times I thought it was a bit too much. It's strange because the book was a good length and there was a ton going on, but it still felt a bit rushed in parts. Things happened very quickly, and at a few points I just wanted everything to slow down so I could experience the story more fully.

I really like Josh. I think he is my favorite character from the series, so I was pleasantly surprised that this story still had him as one of the main characters. There are a lot of surprises in store for Josh in this book. He took everything that was thrown at him in stride. I will give him that. If it were me I would have freaked out a bit more. (maybe more than a bit)

I won't give anything away, but I will say that a few of the twists and turns caught me by surprise. That was my favorite part of the book- not knowing exactly what was going to happen or how the story lines would come together. I also really liked how many different elements Deadman's Blood incorporated. There are witches and vampires and the fey. Something for everyone!

Overall, Deadman's Blood was a good book. It is really interesting to see how everything fits together and I enjoyed all of the paranormal creatures in the book. I did think that there are a few too many main characters. It was a lot of effort to keep track of all their story lines and where they fit into the overall book. You would really enjoy this series if you like multiple plots going on in one book. Each of the books shift the focus to a few different characters, with all the others still hanging around in subplots. Let me know what you think of this series if you have read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadman's Blood.

11/05/2011 page 33