Tishia (Paperback Opinion)'s Reviews > Betrayed

Betrayed by Ednah Walters

Oct 02, 11

Read from September 24 to October 01, 2011

Betrayed is the second book in The Guardian Legacy series. It's full of mystery, suspense, and betrayal as Lil tries to find out who has betrayed her. On the flip side, Lil is also keeping secrets from the ones she loves, including Bran. This book was cleverly written, and I was kept guessing what was going on up until the very end.

The characterization in this book is great. I really like the diverse personalities in Lil's team of Guardian trainees. I think my favorite is Sykes, with his funny and outlandish personality. I know there is a 3rd book coming in this series, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a love triangle with Lil and Bran.

I like how intense and passionate Bran is. I didn't like the way he acted though, when he was trying to keep Lil at a distance. I understand why he had to keep his distance, but I don't think he had to be such a jerk about it. However, I'm still a big fan of Bran and think that he has wonderful chemistry with Lil. The author did a good job at making you feel Lil's emotions during this time and also throughout the book.

I liked the way the story ended. There wasn't some big cliffhanger but not everything was wrapped up perfectly either. I'm really looking forward to the next book. I highly recommend this series if you like YA paranormal romance!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayed.