Kayla's Reviews > Liar

Liar by Justine Larbalestier

Sep 24, 11

Read in July, 2011

Lying can be magical: it’s a chance to tell stories, to use your imagination and fit it in with your life. Some lies are for the better and some lies are definitely for the worse as Micah discovers throughout her life. Seventeen years old Micah Wilkins is a liar and she is ready to repent for her deceptions. From the time she started in freshman year it has just been lie after lie after lie, the lies are growing too numerous for her to manage and now the school is there to witness when the lies unravel.
Micah has just found out her boyfriend is dead. But is he really her boyfriend? Was she just some after hour’s plaything he strung along? Rumors fly about Zach being murdered and Micah, his after hours girlfriend is the main suspect. Having been torn to pieces in Central Park Micah wonders if it really was the savage dogs the media proclaim it to be. How could a simple run turn out so horrible? Either way she is determined to find out.
I found that ‘Liar” is such an irresistible book that I truly could not put it down for long. Justine Larbalestier has writing something that I believe is incredibly powerful and thought provoking. This is one of those rare stories which almost anyone would love, packed with all the necessities such as romance, mystery, crime and fantasy. I would highly recommend this book to almost everyone with a hunger for original tales that make you think.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liar.