Lisa's Reviews > The Industry

The Industry by Rose Foster

Sep 24, 2011

bookshelves: harper-collins

Originally posted at Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me

The Industry is a novel so packed with mystery and action, you won't know what to do with yourself! I was honoured to have received a bound manuscript of this amazing book to read and review. My first experience: brilliant. I could barely contain my excitement after turning the first page and realising how greatly it would meet my expectations!

Kirra Hayward is a very intelligent student with a specialisation in maths and computing. Enrolled in classes too effortless for her, a simple maths assignment leads her to a deadly Google search. When she stumbles across a seemingly random puzzle, she solves it having no idea how she did so. There was no formula. No method. Just a string of numbers and letters flashing in her vision. Nothing happens when she submits her answer and it's over. Or so she thought. When a special organisation is alerted of the solved puzzle, it makes her one of the most wanted people in the word. With her ability to crack the code, something only three known people can do, she's a dangerous weapon who can get through all sorts of security barriers. Get ready for some high-speed chases, kidnappings and shocking deaths!

After being captured by Latham and his cronies, Kirra is thrown into a cell where she is tortured. She must solve each code presented to her or be injected with a fluid which will make her beg for death. Kirra gives in the first time but then vows to endure the pain for the sake of humanity. I admired her inner strength as she sacrificed herself to prevent Latham's plans for evil. What a character! Unfortunately, her resolves breaks when Milo Franklyn joins her in the cell. They develop feelings for each other and suddenly, the outside world doesn't matter when someone you care about is threatened with endless agony. Yes, fun times. Both characters are intriguing with minds I would kill to further explore! They mature and change very rapidly...with some unexpected surprises. Just wait until you run into the novel's major plot twist! *gasp*

The Industry's plot will blow you away. For every question answered, three more are asked. Have fun navigating this mind-numbing mystery! Along with the stunning characters, the storyline carries the novel in fierce style. Be swept away in the electrifying romance, with moments of absolute heartache and pure fluff. In this dangerous and frightening world, the sequel will surely keep us on the edge of our seats once again!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Industry.

07/31/2016 marked as: read