Kapri's Reviews > Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Feb 03, 12

bookshelves: blog-reviewed
Read from January 02 to 03, 2012

As I finished Under the Never Sky, I had mixed feelings about it. In the end, I really enjoyed it. I liked the characters and there was this addicting quality in which I found that I couldn't put the down.

Initially I wasn't sure what this was about. Or more accurately, what it was. Dystopian? High Fantasy? I just didn't know. As it turns out, it was a mix of both, among other things. I liked the concept of this, although the world was the main problem I had with this book. In the beginning, it jumped right into the story, not explaining much. I was very confused, and there really was no remedy to this. I was confused as the book went on, though I was able to get over this for the most part.

On the other hand, I really liked the characters. Perry and Aria--I enjoyed so much getting to know them. Aria, who was very curious and venerable, yet was able to find her strength with the help of Perry. And Perry--so loyal and sweet. I enjoyed getting to know his layers.

I also liked how their relationship developed. They were always kind to each other, curious of the other. Their loved developed at a good pace.

Under the Never Sky is a novel of intrigue. This is the perfect example of the fact that characters matter. I was a little put of by the world (or more of the way the world was presented), the novel was redeemed by the characters. I can't wait to see more of Aria and Perry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Never Sky.