Shannon Murphy's Reviews > Darkness

Darkness by Joann I. Martin Sowles

Sep 24, 2011

While I couldnt wait for this book to come out, I must admit I was slightly disappointed, however that didnt stop me from reading it in 4 hours or less :).

Laney and Oliver definetly have their trials and tribulations in this book. Laney's aunt is killed and while she indirectly blames Oliver it is still there that she is realizing that her life is anything but perfect with her Vampire Boyfriend. While I was kinda glad Laney stood up for herself and while it wasnt Oliver's fault directly that cause her aunt's death she realized that this wouldnt have happened if she was never involved with him and, maybe just maybe her life with Oliver isnt exactly what she wants. Oliver on the otherhand,his possessiveness is in full force albeit he did warn Laney in the first book that once the bonding process starts that it would be an issue.
He did keep his own secrets which made me mad (i.e. turning Julz)What the hell??? He should have told Laney all that in the beginning. However, as much as Oliver ticked me off I couldnt help but love him, he in the end is the Alpha Male and those are my favorite type of characters.

NOW I have a slight unease about Hayden and Felix!!! Just ummm.....are the only words I have... Carter oh Carter, attacked by wolves, dumps Kiera his Vampire genes come out he's a mess, he then becomes "attracted" to Laney and she doesnt seem to see it or so it seems. She loses her BFF Kiera over this "unseen" attaction. In the end it works out for Carter and Kiera.

I wanted the story to touch more on Laney's father and grandparents. I assume this will be touched on in the next book? I was left with more questions than answers in the end.

While it looks as though through all the issues Oliver and Laney endored their relationship came out on top or was going to be ok, as it should be! JUST LET THEM BOND ALREADY!!!!! The sexual tension is killing me.

All and all this was a good book and I cant wait for the 3rd one to come out.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness.