Hayley Hoffman's Reviews > Love, Aubrey

F 50x66
Sep 24, 11

Read in June, 2011

I loved "Love, Aubrey."
Aubrey's been through tough times, but manages to overcome it all. Her story is heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time, and the ending is bittersweet. It's worth the read just for the good cry it gives you--because you'll feel sorry for Aubrey, and question why any person would have to go through what she had been through.
I read a few reviews where parents decided to let their children skip this book. While this is their decision, I feel that it was the wrong decision to make. I am a teenager with two younger sisters (ages 15 and 11) and who babysits an eight and six-year-old on a daily basis. One of the girls I babysat already owned the book and asked me to read part of it to her as a bedtime story. I finished the book that night as I waited for their parents to come home, and went to purchase my own copy the next day. I have recommended the book to everyone I know--my sisters, best friend, and school librarian all loved it--because I feel like it brings up important topics to think about. So, parents, before you consider taking this truly great piece of literature away from your children, read it first for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love, Aubrey.