Rebecca's Reviews > Bound by Blood

Bound by Blood by P.A. Lupton

Oct 18, 11

bookshelves: from-author, for-review
Read in October, 2011

When P.A. Lupton sent me a review request to read her debut novel I read the description and thought “oh this might be pretty good”. Yes, that was a huge understatement, I loved Bound by Blood! The way that P. A. Lupton took urban fantasy, paranormal romance, and murder mystery and melded them to make the unexpected wonderful that is Bound by Blood blew me away!

I can’t tell you exactly what it is but I love the way P.A. Lupton writes and develops her characters. I fell for them all, let me start with Brianna Reece. Brianna is an FBI agent who just so happens to be an empath, which works out great in her job when she needs to feel out peoples emotions. Brianna’s character was the kind of woman I dreamed of becoming when I was younger. She is this incredibly strong, independent woman who has no problem holding her own against anyone man or woman. Her only flaws being having a bit of a temper and, well, she can be a little stubborn. The temper is how she got an early and quite funny meeting with her new partner Morrison. Morrison is hot and he knows it. I didn’t know at first if I was going to like his character but that quickly changed. I found out there are a lot of reasons to act like a macho jerk.

As Morrison and Brianna are working to solve a serial case, they go to investigate Nathan Donovan. I don’t know that I was breathing for some of the scenes he was in…yep that good. I don’t want to give to much away about his character but my goodness there were times when Nathan and Brianna were together and I was surprised my reader wasn’t melting in my hands;)

When paranormal is your genre of choice it’s nice to be surprised every now and then. Toward the end of the book there was going to be a meeting with “The three elders”, and I thought “oh no you are not going to go all Twilight on me now are you?” Well I am not telling what happened but it was a total curve ball. Bound by Blood is about vampires and witches, but I found it fresh. The world building was awesome! P.A. Lupton has a very descriptive way of writing that brings you right into the scene. Bound by Blood had me staying up late and biting my nails. I am so excited for the next in this series!!!

Happy Reading,
Rebecca
www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound by Blood.