Tvaleros (SpadesHighReads)'s Reviews > Archon

Archon by Sabrina Benulis

Dec 26, 11

bookshelves: angels, own-arc, dystopia, read-ya
Read in December, 2011 — I own a copy

3.5 STARS
Review posted on SpadesHigh Reads (blog)

Archon: The Books of Raziel by Sabrina Bernulis was a bit of a challenge. Where the first few chapters were very confusing and I was so lost that I couldn't even remember what I read a few pages back. However, I did read on and finish the book, and I can say that at about 130+ pages the story started becoming very interesting. Sabrina Bernulis has a thought-provoking take on angels and it's a side which made myself more drawn to finishing the story. There were small tid-bits that were like 'Ah Ha!' moments that you should have seen coming, which I really liked. The way Luz was described in detail was well written and vivid that I imagined a dystopian demonic world or a medieval age revolving around Angels & Demon lore. What I didn't like is that early in the story there was a bunch of character dumps that I had difficulty catching up on whose who. And although it did get better as you read on there were still little hiccups that get me confused all over again.
On a note on past reviews that have mentioned about Angela's constant attempts at suicide -- they were a bit exaggerated. It was mentioned from time to time, but it was because it leads to an important part in the story/climax.
Final thoughts, It may not be for everyone but it is still worth reading if you're not easily driven away by literary hiccups.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archon.

12/24/2011 page 368
12/24/2011 page 368
100.0% "3.5 Stars ... Review to come"