Juliette Swett's Reviews > Call Me Irresistible

Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Sep 24, 11

bookshelves: read-romance

Shamefully, this was the first audiobook I have listened to. It was also the first time that I successfully downloaded a WMA audiobook from My Media Mall/Overdrive, EPL's free downloadable book service.

I have always enjoyed Susan Elizabeth Phillip's feisty main characters and snazzy humor, so I figured that this mish-mash of the over-the-top Southern characters would be fun to listen to during my commute to work.

I have to say that I was correct in my assumption. While listening to the antics of the population of Wynette, Texas, I giggled out loud as the locals came to terms with outsider Meg Koranda's complicated relationship with beloved mayor Ted Beaudine. Not only did SEP's (as her faithful fans call her) colorful characters shine through with their vivid personalities, but I found the experience of listening to a book engaging and realistic.

Southern accents, manipulative mothers, and small town drama all make this romance enjoyable. Those of you who have read other SEP books will enjoy the revival of certain characters but if this is your first book and you are a fan of other authors such as Janet Evanovich, and Jennifer Crusie, this is a must read/listen.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Call Me Irresistible.