Erin Bowman's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Feb 01, 12

bookshelves: all-time-favorites, young-adult, contemporary, death-grief-loss-healing
Read from January 02 to 05, 2012 — I own a copy

TFioS is perhaps the funniest sad book I have ever read. I alternated between hysterical laughing and uncontrollable sobbing over the course of this novel. There is very little I can say about it coherently other than the fact that I loved it — I was hugging the book upon completion — and that it is my favorite of Green’s. The characters in TFioS are still smart and sarcastic, a stable of Green’s protagonists, but I felt an ability to relate to them in a way I hadn’t since Pudge left in search of a great perhaps. If you haven’t read this one yet, you should.

Also, this one line: I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once. Perfection! I instantly added it to the list of quotes associated with the book on goodreads, something I’ve never done before. It is such a wonderful line and I had to share it.

Oh, oh, oh! And venn diagrams. This books has the best venn diagrams known to man. That is all.

Originally reviewed here.

Quotes Erin Liked

John Green
“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

01/02/2012 page 22
7.0% "Ahhh! This is already amazing. Also: I have a feeling I will not get through this book without shedding some tears."
01/02/2012 page 155
50.0% "Freaking fantastic."
01/03/2012 page 215
69.0% "Oh, jeez, I'm crying. The first tears have been shed."
01/03/2012 page 261
84.0% "And now I'm bawling. Omg this novel."
01/05/2012 page 312
100.0% "I have no coherent words. This is one of the most moving novels I have read, my absolute favorite by John Green. I laughed so hard while reading, and then I cried even harder. In fact, I am still crying as I write this. God, this book. It is beautiful. Full review to come."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stephanie There was so much to love, but yes, the Venn diagrams were awesome.