Janina's Reviews > Bloodrose

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

Jan 22, 12

bookshelves: a-z-reading-challenge-2012, shifters, sad-tear-jerkers
Read from January 03 to 22, 2012

Bloodrose is the final installment of the Nightshade series by Andrea Cremer. Calla has always welcomed war, but now that the final battle is upon them, she struggling with the decision of saving Ren and enduring Shay's wrath because of it. There's keeping Ansel safe, proving herself as pack alpha, facing horrors, and ridding the world of the keepers magic. And finally, there's deciding what to do about what to do after the war ends, if Calla makes it out alive.

This book was enjoyable. The characters are all still and same and lovable, even though some may have some major baggage. I like the plot/storyline. This book was definitely a page turner!

Calla still struggles with major decisions in this book like always, being young and having to make so many decisions. Ren and Shay are the same as always, dominant at its best. The boys will be boys. I can't really give to much away with what happens between these three without there being MAJOR spoilers. You guys will have to read the book to find out!

The side characters make me laugh. And I also loved the relationships within the side characters. Ethan and Sabine... Didn't really see that coming! Okay, there may be some MINOR spoilers in this review but I just can't help it! Conner and Adne, I love these to so much! Conner is probably my favorite character and I really like the fact that you get a glimpse of some of his inner turmoil in this book and not just his silly side. I feel bad for Ansel. He is just to sweet to be struggling with everything he has to deal with. It makes me sad.

One thing that I really, really didn't like about this book was Calla. Sorry but she got on my last DAMN nerves. Excuse the language, but I wanted to rip my hair out at times. But with her indecisiveness and the back and forth.... Pissed me off to the extreme! You could tell who she wanted from the very beginning. There wasn't even a guess in my eyes, you could tell by her actions. All the back and forth was a way of space in the book honestly. But I'm not saying that in a bad way. I just think half of it could of been eliminated, but that's just my opinion on that. These issues are what brought this book from a 5 Star to 4 Star, I hate to say. But the ENDING is made up for it it in a way!

The ending! I shed tears when so and so __________! Ugh. I am so hurt. I don't even want to think about it. Andrea Cremer, how could you do this to me. But anyways, I like how things came together when a certain some and his team came to the rescue! I was so excited about that. But the very, very ending of the book confused the mess out of me at first. I didn't know what was going on. Wolves? Humans? That's it? So now this has me wondering, is there going to be a spin off? You guys seriously need to read this book to know what I'm talking about!

Overall the book was enjoyable. I'm sad to see this series end. If you loved the second to in this series, then I suggest you hurry and pick up this finally installment! And if you haven't read this series at all, stop what you doing and go pick up the first book, Nightshade! Wonderful!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodrose.