Bloof Books's Reviews > Super Immunity: The Essential Nutrition Guide for Boosting Your Body's Defenses to Live Longer, Stronger, and Disease Free

Super Immunity by Joel Fuhrman

Oct 18, 2011

Read from September 24 to October 18, 2011

I've been following Dr. Fuhrman's work since 2007, and this book and the updated edition of Eat to Live are his best. Both are super-loaded with information that can change your health dramatically. (We're vegan, so follow the vegan-style plans, but there are nonvegetarian plans in the books that will work for anyone.)

Even before I read this one, I haven't had a flu, sinus infection, serious cold, or other virus in three years, thanks to eating the way Dr. Fuhrman recommends. My allergies have practically disappeared. I can't remember the last time I had a headache. I also have "excellent" BP, cholesterol, fasting blood sugar, etc., according to my most recent physical--definitely not always the case. That means I'm protected against disease like CAD, diabetes, and cancer as well, despite my family history. And the food is good too (once you get used to eating more volume in veggies and fruit)!

As with all of his books and articles, every assertion is backed up. The 20+ pp. appendix of research references in the back could keep you busy for years. Or you could just eat your GOMBBS (greens, onions, mushrooms, berries, beans, seeds).
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Super Immunity.

04/02 marked as: read