Anne OK's Reviews > Starting Over

Dec 19, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads
Read in December, 2011

Book Three in Treading Water Trilogy

An excellent conclusion to the "Treading Water" trilogy. Once again, Marie Force offers her readers another extraordinarily interesting and entertaining storyline which includes sizzling romance and intriguing characters who'll make you cry, laugh and love right along with them. "Starting Over" features Brandon O'Malley who, despite his refusal to acknowledge he has a drinking problem, lands in rehab after he attacks his brother's girlfriend. Getting his life back on track is going to be harder than he thought. But when he meets Daphne and her daughter, "Mike" who have secrets of their own, life begins to take on new meaning and make sense once again. The author demonstrates her versatility and talent by creating a story that will draw the reader's attention from the beginning to the ending. The relationship that builds between these three characters is quite compelling and endearing.

When you think this book can't get any better, you'll arrive at the Epilogue and find you were oh so wrong! It's simply terrific and will touch your heart deeply. I highly recommend the entire "Treading Water" trilogy because it is outstanding from the first word through the very last word.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starting Over.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by valee (new) - added it

valee I really have to read all Marie Force new books! I have been postponing them because all I wanted was more books on The McCarthys of Gansett Island series. But I will come back soon to this amazing author.

Anne OK There'll be a new McCarthy's (Grant's book) in late January or early February, along with others during the year. Are you aware that she is now a full-time author after leaving her long-time day job? Great news for her readers!!

message 3: by valee (new) - added it

valee I can't wait. Nice to know.

message 4: by Ann (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ann Reading it right now and about half way through. Wow - was that part at the cemetery teary or what!?!?!! Have a feeling I'm not done with the tears. Like that we still get Aidan too. Great bk so far.

I see Grant's bk will be in January. Grrr... was hoping it would show up before the end of the year. Love the Gansett Island series.