Hannah Meegan's Reviews > Specials

Specials by Scott Westerfeld

Jan 13, 12

Read from January 10 to 13, 2012

One thing I must note from the start is the fact I could not seem to put this book down at all. Every night I read a portion I kept telling myself 1 more chapter, which led into 10 more chapters, and eventually the entire book. (Okay, that may be a bit exaggerating, but it did take me only 2 days to finish.) And that was quite surprising to me, seeing as it had been almost 7 years ago since I first read of the Uglies series. I don't know why, but sometime after Pretties I lost track and totally forgot to pick this one up! Big mistake on my part; I've been missing out.

This book marks the end of Tally Youngblood's story and I have to stay, it couldn't have been crafted any more flawlessly. I absolutely love the civilization Westerfeld has created here--with it's corruption and all. I won't get too into detail because I surely wouldn't want to ruin the story for those of you who haven't even picked up Uglies. (Which I suggest you do.) But I will say I absolutely loved the little intricate details Westerfeld placed here and there--through the cutting, the iciness, and the entire way all the towns are portrayed, no one could have done a better job.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Specials.

01/11/2012 page 100
01/12/2012 page 200
52.0% "Going through this faster than I expected. I missed the Uglies series!"