Robin's Reviews > Wendy and the Lost Boys: The Uncommon Life of Wendy Wasserstein

Wendy and the Lost Boys by Julie Salamon

Oct 03, 11

bookshelves: 2011-list, non-fiction
Read from September 24 to October 02, 2011

One of the bad things about being a librarian is that I read reviews about so many potentially interesting books to read and then put them on hold so the bad part is when they all come in at the same time which is what happened to me recently. I got this one as well as the Roger Ebert memoir and Jane Lynch's book. So I read Jane's first and loved it then moved onto this one and didn't put it down until I finished reading it (not only because it is fascinating but because I knew there would be no renewals on this brand new book!) I've always loved Wendy Wasserstein's observations on life. Although she was older than me, I related to many of her views. But I had no idea what an odd and convoluted personal life she had! The friends she acquired in and out of the theater world plus her own family members are what she based many of her fictional characters around but as they say, Truth is stranger than fiction. And I'm still puzzled about the explanation regarding her daughter's lineage. A must read for Wasserstein fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wendy and the Lost Boys.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Just added this one to my TBR recently - will be looking forward to your take on it.