Fiona's Reviews > The Gospel According to Coco Chanel: Life Lessons from the World's Most Elegant Woman

The Gospel According to Coco Chanel by Karen Karbo

Sep 24, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: bio
Read in July, 2011

Interesting & easy to read book on Coco Chanel. Author expounds on Chanelore. What a life! Still don't understand why she slept with the enemy (Spatz was a Nazi). Suppose it was love. The question is: was she a spy for the Nazis, even if indirectly? Most French women who dallied or slept with Nazis were killed at war's end for fraternizing with the enemy. Coco was spared thanks to Winston Churchill and other friends. The question still lingers, though. Another recent book on Coco that came out this year emphatically stated & has documents that she was a spy.
The book had a chapter on "time" but I didn't see how the all the stories within that chapter involved time.
I've always loved Chanel No5. The author states there is one better than this. Unbelievable. And, what was it? Which chapter will I have to re-read?
Nevertheless, a good read. The last chapter was written in biblical sentence structure since the book title says this is the Gospel according to Coco.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gospel According to Coco Chanel.