Xiao_nie7's Reviews > Seduced By His Touch

Seduced By His Touch by Tracy Anne Warren

Sep 24, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: historical

This book was just so blah.
The plot was good enough to have ensured atleast an above average read. But, unfortunately it didn't turn out that way.
First of all, we don't see a genuine love build between these two people. He's chasing her (obviously because of the debt etc), and every now and then, the author puts in a perfunctory line about how she is not as unattractive he thought she would be and we're supposed to understand that he's developing real feelings for her. It's almost as if, since its a romance novel, the author expects us to assume that these two people have to obviously be falling in love.

More importantly, my biggest problem with this book is the fact that the guy doesn't really feel too guilty even after his secret is out. Sure, he drinks one brandy one whole night, and has bloodshot eyes the next day. But,beyond that, there was no down on the knees, begging for forgiveness, being unable to forgive oneself kind of grovelling.

Given the circumstances, I really couldn't give this book more than two stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduced By His Touch.