D.L. Morrese's Reviews > Witches Incorporated

Witches Incorporated by K.E. Mills

Sep 23, 11

Read in September, 2011 — I own a copy

The second book in the Rogue Agent series is another fun romp. I have a special fondness for books that can make me smile. The last thing I want to do is spend my free time reading a book that is just as dark and depressing as reality and the Rogue Agent books certainly are not. In this tale, Mellisande, princess and former prime minister of a tiny colonial kingdom, is now living in the mother country. There she establishes a kind of witch-powered detective agency with her boyfriend’s sister, who is both gorgeous and magically talented. They have been hired to uncover the identity of the person pilfering biscuits and sugar cubes in an office building. While attempting to unmask this dastardly miscreant, they stumble into the middle of a government investigation into a far more complicated and deadly affair involving terrorism and espionage.
I quite enjoyed this book although it could possibly have benefited from another round of editing and minor revision. Some scenes feel drawn out and there are places where the reactions of the characters do not seem to fit the situation. About a hundred pages could, and probably should have been cut in the final version. I did not find these flaws overly distracting though and I still recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witches Incorporated.