Kim's Reviews > Lover Awakened

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

Sep 29, 11

bookshelves: paranormal, vampires
Read from September 26 to 29, 2011

I can honestly say I'm shocked by 'Lover Awakened'. So many things happened that I never could have imagined. I thought the previous book was good with its twist at the end, but 'Lover Awakened' topped that. While I managed to guess the paths of a few twists, some had my jaw hitting the floor. I'm so glad this series isn't as predictable as I originally thought it might be.

Zsadist has such a troubling past. I guess I should say Phury does too, as their lives as twins are so connected, it's hard to escape each other. I love seeing their past through flashbacks and watching them attempt to move on. There's more to the Brotherhood than their warrior facade.

I cannot believe how many heart breaking moments were in this book. I had to stop reading a few times, because I couldn't handle the pain. I hope there's a happier future set for some of the characters in the next books.

I think a reason why I liked Zsadist's book so much was partly because there wasn't as much lesser involvement as the previous two books. They were still in the novel and did have a pretty important role in helping the Brothers overcome the fear of being held captive (especially for Zsadist and Phury); but towards the end of the novel they moved out of the focus and it made the ending more enjoyable.

I am a little confused about the way 'Lover Awakened' ended. There was a lot of time jumping in the final pages and it made me wonder where the next book will pick up the story from. Will it being where the main story ended, or after the time jump?

Such a good story. I adore Zsadist and Bella.
5/5 stars.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Awakened.

09/28/2011 page 106
24.0% "Zsadist is adorable and so broken. I've got some theories about John too, he's an interesting little vampire."
09/28/2011 page 252
58.0% "I want to give Zsadist a big hug. It's killing me to see him so worked up."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michelle  novelsontherun Great , wasn't it..* waggles eyebrows *

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim It was such a good book! I'm sad Zsadist's story is over. I know he and Bella will still turn up in the future books, but they won't be the main focus again :( But boy those Brothers are HOT!

Michelle  novelsontherun AMEN!!!!!! Zsadist is one of my faves. I have 3 faves who are hotter than hot:D

Zsadist story was very sad.

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Who else is on your hot list?

I know, I was so sad towards the end; had to reach for the tissue box.

Michelle  novelsontherun Butch...yes he IS hot!!! just got to keep reading and Vishous..Oh MY!!!! Originally Rhage was my fave until I kept reading...then OH MY!!!

I was actually watching my daughter in the park , a slow, Christine Aguilera song came on the car radio and I was reading Zsadist story and I started crying..just very emotional book..I'm a sap I admit it.

message 6: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I love Butch! I think he's awesome! I'm wary of Vishous, but I think that's because I still don't know him very well.

Don't worry, you're not alone. If there's even the slightest sad moment in books I'm usually in tears.

Michelle  novelsontherun Oh Vishous, Vishous, Vishous!! My Goodness Me...*fans oneself* , he totally brings it....I am quite surprised that I have him in my top 3, but , that is where he is.

message 8: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I'm excited to see what Vishous is like now. But I only have one more book in the house (Butch's book). I'll have to meet up with a friend and book swap again soon.

Michelle  novelsontherun Well , Butch's book is awesome too:D