Jammie's Reviews > Shiver

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Jun 26, 12

bookshelves: read-2011
Read in September, 2011

If I had to describe Shiver in one word I would probably use cute, or adorable. Shiver is a sweet love story with lovable characters.

Grace has watched the wolf with the yellow eyes for the last six years. When Sam and Grace finally meet in person they can't deny their feelings for each other. Sam and Grace try to spend all the time that they can together in their limited time as they try to keep Sam from the cold and staying human.
I really liked Sam and Grace as characters. Sam was just adorable. He was so sweet and just all round wonderful. Grace was a very strong character, she seemed to be the more dominant one in their relationship. Sam was always being gentlemanly and wouldn't even kiss her, but she was the one to just jump straight into things.

The only thing that brings this book down for me is the love at first sight sort of thing. Maggie Stiefvater seems to like writing it. I have read Lament and Ballad and it was the same sort of deal. I don't personally like the whole love at first sight. But Sam and Grace had the sweetest relationship the book made me smile and even cry for them at times. I really enjoyed this book.

This review is also on my blog The Confessions of a Book Nerd :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiver.