Midalah Ballinger's Reviews > The Calling

The Calling by Ashley Lynn Willis

Sep 24, 11

Read from September 23 to 24, 2011

What woman wouldn't want a hero in their life? What about one who just happens to have supernatural powers? We first meet Justin in this story doing what he does best, being a hero. This very act brings him back into Mandy's life after almost a year; within that year she went through something that every woman fears: being diagnosed with breast cancer and having a mastectomy. Having her heart ripped out just before the surgery happens, Mandy has retreated from just about everything, including Justin.

One of the things I liked about this book was how soft it was. Many paranormal romances hit you fast and hard with some sort of supernatural dilemma that our hero and heroine must face together. It's during that dilemma that we see them fall in love and navigate their romance while solving the supernatural mystery or battle something "evil". With this book, we watch a friendship rekindled and blossom into a romance, with Justin's abilities being the potential obstacle in their lives. Will love conquer?

The only way to find out is to get this book when it is released to find out. You won't be disappointed. I know a story has me engrossed when I feel the pain of the characters during low points, I smile when something wonderful happens or I want to cry when something breaks the characters' hearts. With that being said, this book broke my heart, lifted me up and made me laugh. It's definitely worth the read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Calling.