Mith's Reviews > The Serpent's Shadow

The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

3620424
May 04, 12

bookshelves: wishlist, fantasy, wizards-n-dragons, absolutely-spiffing, mythology, middle-grade
Read from May 01 to 04, 2012

Well that was a fun ride! Having started off sluggishly, the (supposed) trilogy didn't exactly end with a bang, but there were quite some fireworks in there nonetheless.

I say "supposed" because the very last paragraph in the book hints at a Heroes Of Olympus/Kane Chronicles crossover (I have a feeling we're going to run into Setne and the Book of Thoth pretty soon - say, September 2012?)! That should be interesting :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Serpent's Shadow.

05/01/2012 page 1
0.0% "YES!!!!!!!!! .... *rubs hands in glee and turns to page 1*" 8 comments
05/03/2012 page 151
37.0% 4 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mukunthg Kane Chronicles+ Percy Jackson in one book, the very idea is awesome and mind blowing.BUT as they say "too much of anything is bad."
While i was reading the Kane Chronicles, Toth mentions that he was confused with greek god Hermes and Carter also say that he say a flying horse(blackjack). I wish Rick Riordan will not combine the two series together.:)

Mith Mukunthg wrote: "...While i was reading the Kane Chronicles, Toth mentions that he was confused with greek god Hermes and Carter also say that he say a flying horse(blackjack)...."

When was this?! I don't remember!

Mukunthg in "The Red Pyramid". When carter n sadie visits Toth in his lab(if i remember correctly) he says that people always confused him with hermes.
In "The Throne of Fire" when carter say he saw the flying horse. this happens when they come to The house of life after the dung beetle incident :)

Namratha Kumar I'm going to go by the 'absolutely-spiffing' shelf that you have chosen...and hop aboard :)