Tammy's Reviews > Between the Land and the Sea

Between the Land and the Sea by Derrolyn Anderson

Sep 27, 11

bookshelves: 1st-in-series, pnr, fantasy, ya, indie-self-pubbed
Read from September 23 to 25, 2011

Mermaids! How cool is that? In a group of genres, (PNR,YA,Fantasy YA),normally inundated with Vamps, Werewolves, Demons, and Witches a Mermaid story was refreshing!

Here is the book Summary: Something extraordinary is lurking in the deep ocean waters off the coast of Aptos, California. Just a few weeks after moving to the beach town, sixteen year-old Marina has nearly drowned twice, enchanted the hottest guy in high school, and discovered a supernatural creature. If she can manage to survive her increasingly dangerous encounters with unpredictable mermaids, she might just be able to unlock the mystery of her past and learn how to appease the mysterious forces that seem to want something from her... and maybe even find true love along the way.
Derrolyn Anderson knows exactly what young women want to read. Between the Land and Sea has a down to earth protagonist in Marina. Lovable secondary characters. A cute surfer, rich 'aunt', designer clothes and an exciting mystery.

I had fun losing myself in this story and remembering what my teenage years were like. Derrolyn's character's were very likable and her story well thought out.

I HIGHLY recommend this to lovers of YA but I also encourage older women like me to pick this up for a pick-me up!
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the Land and the Sea.

09/23/2011