Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)'s Reviews > Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Aug 04, 12

bookshelves: children-young-adult, paranormal, 2012, beautiful-cover
Read from April 16 to 22, 2012 — I own a copy

I really liked Paranormalcy, and it's definitely one of the more interesting paranormal books I've read.

I liked the idea of a paranormal containment agency, and making sure the different paranormal creatures follow the rules of the treaty and do what they're supposed to.

I didn't like Reth, but I did love Evie. She's so fun, and yet there were times I wanted to hug her. She just wants to be normal, which I think is something we can all relate to.

Her guardian, Raquel, was strange in the sense that she didn't seem to care about Evie and what Evie needed and wanted. Plus, the IPCA didn't seem to give Evie a lot of information about the different creatures, which probably would have made Evie's job a lot easier.

It was cute, fun, and definitely different from a lot of other books I've read. It's certainly an interesting take on the paranormal genre, and I like that you see werewolves, hags, vampires and fairies all in one novel. Instead of just one...or two who are at odds with each other.

I really want to know more about the Empty Ones, and all of the creatures who have to abide by the treaty. I'm curious as to how the IPCA will re-group, whether Reth will keep appearing, and whether Evie will get the normal life she so wants.

It gets a 4 out of 5 for being a fun and refreshing and read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormalcy.