Principle Based Learning's Reviews > Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook That Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats

Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon

This is a book I first read about in another book (The Maker’s Diet by Jordan Rubin). It gives the “how to” of Rubin’s dietary suggestions. I checked Nourishing Traditions out of the library again and again and realized that I could not live without it so bought full price via special order at the bookstore. That is the only time I have done that for a book. Now I can see it is almost half the price on Amazon, but I do not regret the money because it is such an incredible reference book. It explains many food preparation/cooking steps along with recipes and menu plans which allows you to apply what you learn in a practical way. What makes this an even more valuable asset is the scientific explanation of how the body processes food. It doesn’t just say “avoid white sugar and flour” but it explains how those processed foods work in your body from a chemical standpoint. Then it explains what to do instead!

Seriously, if you can only choose one book about nutrition, this is the one.

~Carol

Click here for the full article on: Health and Nutrition
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nourishing Traditions.