Trish's Reviews > Viva Vegan! 200 Authentic and Fabulous Recipes for Latin Food Lovers

Viva Vegan! 200 Authentic and Fabulous Recipes for Latin Food... by Terry Hope Romero

Sep 23, 11

bookshelves: cooking, classics, favorite, nonfiction, south-america
Read in September, 2011

Terry Hope Romero is a wonder and a wizard. This really fabulous cookbook makes it possible for everyone to eat really spectacular Latin food with gusto. It is impossible that anyone would miss eating animals when served food like this.

I have too many favorites, but I came across a freezer full of hominy once and worked my way through the posoles, seitans, sofritos, pot pies...all incredibly flavorful and unusual. This book contains many regional variations on your favorite bean dishes: Venezuela-style Black Beans, Red Beans with Dominican-style Sazón, Brazilian Black Bean Stew with Portobello Mushrooms...it goes on.

Terry has given us Enchiladas, Empanadas, Sopes, Tamales, Pupusas, Tostadas, Flan. There are no burrito recipes in this book! Well, she does tell us what usually goes in a burrito but we kind of knew that. You'll know to be creative when you combine parts of other recipes to create a truly extra special burrito-wrap, if you must.

You will be happy, and full, and wondered how you managed without it, I promise you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Viva Vegan! 200 Authentic and Fabulous Recipes for Latin Food Lovers.