Joalby Phoenix's Reviews > South of Bixby Bridge

South of Bixby Bridge by Ryan Winfield

Oct 11, 11

Read on October 09, 2011

Let me preface this by saying that the past few months the majority of what I've been reading is political pundits books and memoirs as works of fictions rarely have the ability to pull me in.
This book was reccomended to me and I bought it to check it out & I'm glad I did. From the minute I started reading it I became wrapped up in the struggles of the characters. Their flaws and quirks and control of power or assumed control of power had me waiting to see what would happen next.
It kept me hooked with everything from scandal, sex, drugs, lavish lifestyles, deceit, blackmail, alternate lives, and everytime I felt I had a character figured out I was thrown something new to shock me back into wanting to root for everyone.
Yes, it's a story of addiction, yes it deals with the webs we spin and get tangled in, yes it shows the seedy dark side of drugs, sex and excess - but I gathered more of a story of redemption above all.
Turning over a new leaf. A beautifull told and depicted story of sometimes having to hit rock bottom more than once before you can pull yourself out of the hole you are in.
I reccomend this to everyone... There are moments of suspense, temptation, tears. Just amazing piece of work. Restored my faith in fiction...
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read South of Bixby Bridge.