Brad Creamer's Reviews > Shutter Island

Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane

Oct 29, 11

Read from October 10 to 28, 2011

I thought this book was very interesting. Usually when i am reading a book, i will think ahead about what the ending will be like. Or what the twist is, especially in a thriller/horror type book. Well, this one made me go in several different directions and loops as far as what i thought was going on.

I had a clue that all not was what it seemed after the interview with "rachel soldano", and they were talking about how people live in their own fantasy world and they believe it to be true, etc...but what i thought really what happend was that Teddy's wife wasn't in the house when it burned down, but that she was the one who started the fire, and the guys in the mental institute covered it up and that Delores was actually being treated in the lighthouse. That she was still alive, ut being put through all these tests and what not. I really liked the fact that i was kept unknowing what was really going on.

The writing was great. I really liked the descriptions of the island, the hospital, the people, etc...overall i give it 4/5 starts and recommend it to anyone who likes a good mystery and good writing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shutter Island.